India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF) was established as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) initiative of Ministry of Power, Government of India for accelerated development of smart grid technologies in the Indian power sector in March 2011. It is registered under Indian Societies Registration Act (Act XXI of 1860). ISGF was set-up to provide a mechanism through which academia, industry, utilities and other stakeholders could participate in the development of Indian smart grid systems and provide relevant inputs to the government’s grid modernization program.
Main Objectives of ISGF:
• Lend support to Government and Policymakers in formulation of Smart Grid Policies, Standards and Technology Rollout Plans for India
• Study International Smart Grid projects and share learnings with Indian Stakeholders through case studies, reports, white papers, technical seminars, etc
• Work with Utilities in India to support them in their Smart Grid rollout plans
• Bring key stakeholders and enabling technologies together for successful deployment of smart grid technologies in India
• Provide a platform for exchange of ideas and information to support development of use case scenarios for India
The main mandate of ISGF is to advise Governments, Regulators and Utilities on policies and programs for promotion of Smart Grids in India, work with national and international agencies in standards development and to help utilities, regulators and the Industry in technology selection, training and capacity building.
For more information please visit: http://www.indiasmartgrid.org/